Even the safest drivers can find themselves in a situation that requires costly repairs or replacement of vehicles and property. The right auto insurance plan can help ease financial burdens. The basic types of auto coverage include:
- Bodily Injury
- Pays your legal defense costs and claims against you if your car injures or kills someone. Covers family members living with you and others driving with your permission.
- Pays for repairs of damage to your car caused by a collision with another vehicle or any other object, regardless of who was responsible.
- Comprehensive Physical Damage
- Pays for damages to your car resulting from theft, fire, hail, vandalism, or a variety of other causes.
- Medical Payments or Personal Injury Protection
- Pays medical expenses resulting from an accident for you and others riding in your car. Also pays for you or your family members injured while riding in another's car or while walking.
- Property Damage Liability
- Pays your legal defense costs and claims against you if your car damages another's property. Does not cover your property, including your auto.
- Uninsured or Under-insured Motorists
- Pays for costs related to injuries or property damage to you or your family members and guests in your car caused by an uninsured, underinsured, or hit-and-run driver.
* Coverage may vary by carrier.