Easy Checking comes with convenient ways to waive the monthly service charge, making it easy to enjoy the benefits of your Bank of the West Checking account.
Bank of the West Easy Checking accounts come with:
- Free unlimited access to award-winning customer service
- Unlimited use of Bank of the West ATMs
- Overdraft protection with a linked savings or Gold Line1 account
- Discounts on consumer loan rates with automatic payments1
- Online Banking with free Bill Pay
- Bank of the West Debit Card with discounts and special offers on everyday items2
- Free3 Mobile Banking (with sufficient available funds)
- Free personal assistance through our Contact Center
- Unlimited check writing (with sufficient available funds)
- Deposits eligible for FDIC insurance up to the maximum established by the FDIC per depositor and ownership type
The monthly service charge is $8 if you receive paperless statements through Online Banking, or $10 if you receive paper statements through the mail. Plus, there are three easy ways to waive the monthly service charge altogether. Simply do one of the following with your Easy Checking account each statement cycle:
- Maintain an average monthly balance of $1,000 or more OR
- Receive at least one direct deposit of $250 or more OR
- Use your Bank of the West debit card for ten (10) or more purchases
2 Visit www.savings.mastercard.com where it's free to sign up for discounts and special offers.
3 Standard text messaging and mobile carrier rates may apply.
What you'll need for our fast, secure online sign-up
- About fifteen minutes to complete the application
- $100 minimum opening balance
- Social Security number
- Driver's license or state ID
- Date of birth, email address and physical street address
- Routing number, if you'll be opening your account by transferring funds from another bank
To see how easy it is to switch your accounts from your current bank, download our step-by-step Guide to Moving Your Accounts to Bank of the West.