Community Guidelines for Social Media
We are excited to be a part of social media so we can communicate with you in your online communities. In order to keep our conversations on track and your personal information safe online, we've created a list of some helpful guidelines to remember.
- Account Help: If you have questions or need assistance with your account, your local branch or our Customer Service team is the best place to start. You can find branches here or call us at 1-800-488-BANK (2265).
- Private or Confidential Information: Please do not post any of your specific account details or other personal information. We will never ask you to provide this type of info through Facebook, Twitter, blogs or any other type of public channel.
- Spam: Content posted for the purpose of driving traffic to a particular website for personal or monetary gain is not appropriate and will be deleted.
- Communication: We welcome your opinion and encourage communication on our social media channels, but we ask that you refrain from offensive language, personal attacks or being disrespectful of others.
- Children: Due to federal law, we cannot accept comments from individuals under the age of 13.
- Endorsements: Bank of the West does not endorse any comments made by its employees, unless they are an authorized representative of the bank. All unofficial statements and viewpoints expressed in the comments are strictly those of the commenter alone.
Bank of the West is not responsible for and does not endorse any content or advertisements posted by Facebook or of third party sites or applications that may appear on this page.
- Bank of the West Employees: If you are an employee of Bank of the West, we welcome your participation, but ask you to please disclose your affiliation when you submit a comment or question.
We also recommend that you familiarize yourself with the privacy and security policies of social media websites before participating. Be sure you understand how your information can be displayed and used throughout the site as well as other third-party sites that may be linked to your social media communities.
Information about Bank of the West's Privacy and Security Policies is available here.
Please keep in mind that the guidelines listed on this page are subject to change at any time but the most current version will always be posted here.
Call us between 6 a.m. and midnight Central Time, Monday through Friday, or 7 a.m. to midnight Central Time, Saturday, Sunday, and most holidays at (800) 488-2265
If you see your image or logo on any of our social pages and feel it is being used inappropriately, please tell us about it.